Finding the perfect wedding dress can be so exciting and full of joy; however, you may feel so much pressure on this journey. So, it is normal to be nervous before shopping for your dreamy wedding gown.
As a luxury bridal boutique in Laguna Beach, Laguna Bridal is an expert for helping all brides-to-be find the wedding dress they have imagined since childhood.
This blog mentions essential dos & don’ts that you should know before searching and buying your bridal gowns.
Vital Dos for Finding Your Dreamy Wedding Dress in 2021
Throughout the journey of wedding planning, there are several things you should do to make your wedding the one that you deserve.
We listed the most important ones for you.
1- Figure Out Your Budget
When you get engaged, the whole wedding planning will be fantastic and become one of the perfect times in your life. However, it may sound uncomfortable to talk about numbers during this time; you have to be honest about your budget.
Pros and cons lists of wedding gowns would be helpful to compare their features and costs.
Therefore, before reserving your appointment at wedding boutiques, determine your budget to help wedding consultants be more helpful in finding your perfect bridal dress. About Laguna Bridal Boutique
Consider Non-Obvious Costs into Your Wedding Budget
Apart from typical expenses, you should allocate some money for non-obvious costs. For example, if you plan to spend $10,000 for your wedding, put about $2000 aside for probable expenses. Expenses like your veil, shoes, and other bridal accessories, or cleaning your wedding gown after the wedding.
2- Be Determined About the Style of Your Wedding Dress
If you know your body type, you must know which wedding dress would be perfect for you, A-Line, Ball Gown, Mermaid, etc. The Best Wedding Dress For Each Body Type
But if you cannot stick to one wedding gown, keep searching and be open-minded to try all of them until finding your dreamy bridal dress.
What professional bridal boutiques like Laguna Bridal do is finding a silhouette that flatters your body shape and suits your personality.
Beneficial Tips for Figuring Your Style
- Be open-minded in finding your bridal gown.
- Do your research.
- Search on Pinterest & Instagram.
- Read various wedding dress blogs.
- Consider your personality; Be you.
- Ask all your questions about multiple styles & their features.
- Consider your wedding venue and its condition.
3- Reserve an Early Appointment at Your Chosen Bridal Boutique
Be in a good mood and be early for your appointment at your selected bridal boutique. Keep in mind to bring your favorite people like your mom and friends or bridesmaids to help you. You can also bring a camera to take photos of every wedding gown you will try on. Also, Wear well-fitted underwear to make wedding dresses glorious in your body.
Schedule your appointment 4 or 5 months before the wedding day to be relaxed and stress-free.
Essential Don’ts for Finding Your Perfect Wedding Dress in 2021
In addition to things you should regard to do, there are few don’ts that you should know before wedding planning. By reading these don’ts, you will make this journey so much easier and less stressful.
1- Don’t Choose a Wedding Dress Just Because It’s Trendy
Every year, a wedding dress becomes trendy and famous, but it doesn’t mean you should select it only because of this reason. Consider your style, personality to find your dreamy wedding dress even if your taste is old and traditional.
Your wedding is all about you, so be comfortable with every aspect of it.
A sexy wedding dress does not exist if you do not believe you feel sexy and gorgeous having worn them, which will never go out of style.
2- Don’t Try Too Many Wedding Gowns
Although it helps to be open-minded and try lots of wedding gowns, you don’t like to be confused.
We say you don’t have to feel forced to try on more gowns than you want.
So many wedding dress choices and bridal boutiques may add anxiety and confusion.
Find a bridal boutique that top wedding dress designers are there, which means they will get your style.
3- Don’t Pick the Bridal Gown That Needs Lots of Alterations
Indeed, you should not worry about bridal gown size, but choosing a bridal dress that needs so much alteration would be challenging and stressful, especially when you are in a time hurry. That is why we offer custom wedding dresses; unique designs for special brides.
Additional Tips for Finding Your Dreamy Wedding Dress
Extra tips for future brides on their wedding dress shopping:
- Wear minimal amounts of makeup
- Keep the Dress Away From Home
- Keep the Season in Mind
- Get Creative with Shoes
- Consider Your Neckline
- Try on a Non-White Gown
- Take Inspiration From Celebrity Styles
- Hit Sample Sales
- Wear Heels to the Appointment
Apart from essential dos and don’ts for choosing your perfect wedding dress, Laguna Bridal Boutique in the beautiful city of Laguna Beach is here to help you through this joyful and stressful journey.
Need any help? Give us a call at 949.549.4108 and check our Instagram to get inspired.
- 10 Tips for Choosing Your Wedding Dress. (2011, July 27). Marthastewart. Retrieved March 30, 2021, from https://www.marthastewart.com/7948592/how-choose-your-wedding-dress.
- Bradley, K. Top 10 Tips For Choosing Your Bridal Accessories. 7centerpieces. https://www.7centerpieces.com/planning/top-10-tips-for-choosing-your-bridal-accessoriesnbsp/.
- Dichter, R. The Dos, and Don’ts of Shopping for a Wedding Dress. Bridalguide. https://www.bridalguide.com/blogs/real-brides-speak-out/shopping-for-wedding-gown.
- Here’s Your Complete Wedding Dress Shopping Timeline. (2019, April 15). Theknot. Retrieved March 30, 2021, from https://www.theknot.com/content/wedding-gown-shopping-checklist.
- How To Prepare For Wedding Dress Shopping. (2016, November 1). Moonlightbridal. Retrieved March 30, 2021, from https://www.moonlightbridal.com/Blog/12-wedding-ideas-inspiration-and-insider-tips/105-how-to-prepare-for-wedding-dress-shopping/.
- Knopf, K. (2018, August 2). The Dos and Don’ts of Wedding Dress Shopping. Eventsource. https://www.eventsource.ca/blog/dos-donts-wedding-dress-shopping.
- Menassa, C.Wedding Dress Code: The DO’S And DON’TS. Azyaamode. https://www.azyaamode.com/en/wedding-dress-code-the-dos-and-donts.
- Petronis, L. (2012, March 14). The DOs and DON’Ts of Choosing Your Wedding Dress. Glamour. https://www.glamour.com/gallery/the-dos-and-donts-of-choosing-your-wedding-dress.
- Pomeransky, O. Wedding dress Fittings: Do’s and Don’ts. Bestforbride. https://www.bestforbride.com/bridal-shop/15/wedding-dress-fittings-dos-donts/.
- Pye, H. (2019, October 21). Wedding Dress Shopping: How to Choose Your Wedding Dress. Hitched. https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-planning/bridalwear-articles/mistakes-not-to-make-when-choosing-your-wedding-dress/.
- Southwood, R. The DOS And DON’TS Of Wedding Dress Shopping. Weddingideasmag. https://www.weddingideasmag.com/the-dos-and-donts-of-wedding-dress-shopping/.
- The DO’S And DON’TS Of Choosing Your Wedding Dress. Alexie. Retrieved March 30, 2021, from https://www.alexie.co/fashion/dos-donts-choosing-wedding-dress/.
- Wexler, S & Donovan, B. (2020, September 30). How to Choose Your Dream Wedding Dress: 70 Things to Know. Brides. https://www.brides.com/gallery/wedding-dress-shopping-tips.
- Wong, T. (2019, February 15). The Dos and Don’ts of Wedding Dress Shopping. Graceandivory. https://graceandivory.com/2019/02/15/the-dos-and-donts-of-wedding-dress-shopping/.